The Tooting Community Pathfinders Club is part of a dynamic and global youth movement directed by the Youth Department of the General Conference of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church (SDA). It offers a vibrant and wide ranging learning experience for young people between 10 to 15 years of age. The young people learn to share and care about others as they become involved in community service projects, go on short-term mission trips or help out in Vacation Bible Schools.
There are over two million Pathfinders worldwide and though it is an organisation of the SDA church, it is also open to any young person who wants to learn and develops their skills to enable them become active leaders within their communities, schools and churches.
The Tooting Community Pathfinder Club is administered by a club director, deputy directors, counsellors, instructors, chaplain, secretary, and treasurers.
Our MISSION STATEMENT is to:
• Work for the salvation of each individual Pathfinder
• Train and equip the Pathfinders to participate in the ministry of Jesus Christ through witnessing and missionary service,
• Assist Pathfinders to develop a balanced physical, mental, social, and spiritual life
• Develop an appreciation for nature and a concern for the environment
• Teach Pathfinders skills and hobbies that will make their lives meaningful and productive and to help them become future leaders within their community.
The Pathfinder Club has a Flag, Aim, Motto Pledge, Law and Song, each highlighting the Spiritual basis and foundation on which the club is built on. It operates on a 9 month calendar year, with bi-weekly program of at least 3 hours duration. Within this 3-hour period the Pathfinders perform drill and marching, crafts and/or hobbies and games, as well as taking part in devotional activities and class work. There are also various opportunities to go hiking, retreats and camping. Each pathfinder receives an insignia as an award after completing various honors and these awards are presented to them during a special annual Investiture service.
There are six classes namely;
• Friend – 10 years (Blue)
• Companion – 11 years (Red)
• Explorer – 12 years(Green)
• Ranger – 13 years(Silver)
• Voyager – 14 years(Burgundy)
• Guide – 15 years (Gold)
Pathfinders AIM, Motto, Pledge,Law, Song
“The Advent Message to All the World in My Generation”.
“The love of Christ constrains me.”
By the grace of God,
I will be pure and kind and true.
I will keep the Pathfinder Law.
I will be a servant of God
And a friend to man.
The Pathfinder Law is for me to:
1. Keep the morning watch.
2. Do my honest part.
3. Care for my body.
4. Keep a level eye.
5. Be courteous and obedient.
6. Walk softly in the sanctuary.
7. Keep a song in my heart.
8. Go on God’s errands.
Oh we are the Pathfinders strong
The servants of God are we
Faithful as we march along
In kindness, truth, and purity.
A message to tell to the world
A truth that will set us free.
King Jesus the Saviour is coming back for you and me!